The local high school benefits from the charity of the Boyd Family, who actually insist on sending their children instead of private school. D.F. High is home to the Dark Falls Wolves, the Stilettos and has some of the best facilities in the state, and students who apply themselves can get a very good education there. The problems are an unusually high death rate among the student body and high turnover of teachers.
- Principal Matthew Victor Pritchard- decorating the walls of his office are scores of plaques, pictures and awards. The plaques and awards either name Dark Falls High School or Principal Matthew Victor Pritchard for varies recognitions and titles. All of the pictures show the same fat, red-faced man with short red hair and a closely trimmed beard shaking hands with someone. Pritchard's appearance is much different, however. His belly is bloated grotesquely as if swelling from decomposition but his features are thin and sunken. His pug-eyes are flat and dead like a fish and what little remains of his red hair is now patching and sick looking. He can be heard audibly wheezing with even the slightest movement. It is obvious he is suffering from some health problem: cancer, diabetes, bad heart. Whatever it is, it’s probably going to kill him sooner rather than later.
- Assistant Principal Barbara Lewis- a short, slim woman in her early to mid forties, with her blonde hair cut in a short, youthful bob. Her blue eyes are sparkling, and while she seems somewhat ordinary, her personality is bright and radiating.
- Dr. Nathanial Lynch (Professor, American History pre-1877)
- Coach Callihan- coach of the Dark Falls Wolves football team. He is of medium height, but is large and muscular like a linebacker. He has short, buzzed brown hair with a beard of equal length to match. He is rumored to have been a drill sergeant in the army and it is confirmed that he was once an all-star footballer at the high school as evidenced by the many trophies with his name on it still up.
- Sherry (Office Administrator)
In This Area
- Boyd Park
- Boyd Stadium
- Dark Falls High School, 173 Ridgewood Drive, Dark Falls, OR 97138